With the nonstop growth of pharma in the US, the side effects have reached comical proportions... but which drug has the absolute funniest side effects? If you've have seen the latest commercial for Axiron, you already know the answer to that question. If you haven't, let me give you a quick recap.
Funniest Side Effects? Lets Give Axiron a Shot.
So, to start with Axiron cures "Low-T" (which is a clever way to say low testosterone). Apparently Hypoandrogenism actually is a disorder afflicting less then 3% of our population, but that's not the market Eli Lilly is shooting for. Their advertisements in fact suggest that 7 out of 10 men suffer from "Low-T". But I suppose the legitimacy of the disorder is besides the point (even though I'd suggest checking it out for yourself)... The real gift here though are the funniest side effects you could ever imagine.
Now Bring on the Side Effects...
- Enlargement of your prostate gland (increased urination)
- Increased risk of prostate cancer
- Lower sperm count
- Swelling of your ankles, feet, or body
- Enlarged or painful breasts
- Problems breathing while you sleep (sleep apnea)
- Blood clots in the legs
- Skin redness or irritation
- Increased red blood cell count
- Headache, diarrhea, vomiting
Now that list by itself would be pretty hilarious when you're considering the problem that it's attempting to address. The real kick comes in when you add the funniest side effects your family could ever be exposed if they come in contact with you... or the "deodorant".
- Signs of puberty in young children
- Enlarged penis or clitoris in children
- Increased sex drive or aggressive behavior in children
- Changes in body hair for grown women
- Increase in acne for grown women
How much testosterone would you need to be lacking for this trade off to be useful? Additionally - if the primary goal here is to raise sex drive, isn't it ironic that you're passing along such cruel side effects to your wife/girlfriend? I could go on and on, but I'll bit my tongue on this one... I do think things this ridiculous just show how far we've lost our way though. No matter what it's future - Axiron truly has the funniest side effects ever.
Share This Post
Graphic Designer and Web Developer from Raleigh, NC. Classically trained in Applied Economics and currently running the dynamic design firm that bares his name.. About Matthew Haeck